Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Pumpkin's First Birthday Party

Welcome, and thank you for joining us for Jacob's birthday party. Come right this way...


blog 1

We had so much fun! We spent time with some amazing friends. We are so thankful for everyone who came! (Nana and Pappy even drove back for the day!)

blog 5

blog 4

Lil man had so much fun!

blog 3

We were getting ready to head out on the hayride when these guys showed up...

blog 6

They were the nicest young men. Their parents should be proud. They saw signs for the birthday party, and thought some kiddos might like to see some horses. And they were right. :)

Then, we headed out on the hay ride. Funny, everyone wanted sheets to lay on. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Oh well. It was lots of fun anyway. The bigger kids kept wanting to "go again."

blog 7

blog 8

blog 9

blog 10

blog 11

When we got back, it was time to open presents. Then we had MORE CAKE! Jacob has been on a sugar rush this week! My friend from church, Heather, did the cake and it looked (and tasted) wonderful!!!

blog 2

Jacob even had his own all over again! He's gonna want it to be his birthday everyday now!

blog 12

Of course, he made a disastrous mess again....so it was off to the tub. I'm sorry, but his hiney is so cute!

blog 13

Then, at the very last minute, Jacob's friend Henry showed up! We were so excited to see them. Since he missed the hayride, Wayne took him for a little ride (on a big green tractor).

blog 14

After all the excitement died down, it wasn't long before this is what we saw.

blog 15

After that quick nap, Dada was up to more fun and games with his little man.

blog 16

Hope you had as much fun (but hopefully not as much work!) as we did this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Shea said...

The party was PERFECT!!!! :) Thanks so much for inviting us - Kelsey had a GREAT time!!! I still CAN NOT believe he is ONE!!! :( It just seems like yesterday that Brian and I stood in the gym and talked to y'all and Natalie and Eddie about Kelsey's birth!!! :( WOW!

(YES, I KNOW!) I have been REALLY slacking on my blog!! But I DO keep saying that I am going to catch it up.. I guess I will ONE DAY~ LOL :)

Love ya!

Sight Restored said...

Oh my gosh...that's is one of the funniest memories I have of y'all. I could listen to that story over and over!