Oh well, on with the story. (Just a warning....this is the most pictures I've ever posted in one post. But hey, the kid only turns one once, right?) My folks, along with my sister and brother, all met here before lunch. Wayne's parents met up with us and we all went to Logan's. Jacob LOVES their mashed potatoes! :) Jacob is so fortunate to have so many people that love him as much as our families do!
I love his face in this first picture...
After Logan's, we headed to Birmingham Zoo!!! He absolutely had a blast! I know we will definitely have to go back soon! They had a sign that elephants would be there in 2010!
Here is another one where I love the face he is making!
But, I'm not so sure I love the face of this beast! (or the fact that he was pacing as he looked at my son!)
His absolute favorite animal was the giraffe! I think this might just be my favorite picture of the day too.
Unfortunately, there was a lot of this going on...
but we were able to have lots of fun through it all!
If Jacob could talk, I know he would tell you this next part was his absolute favorite. We were heading to the carousel when we came across this....
This kid LOVES water so much, there was no way we could not let him play. (In some of these you can see evidence of Nana's kisses from throughout the day! ;) )
Then we got dried up for a quick photo opp and a ride on the carousel!
Then it was off to the house for dinner, presents and cake! Check out his new hat. It lasted about 2 seconds. Don't worry, you will be seeing it again soon!
My SIL, Christy, made the cakes, and they were delicious! Thanks sis!
Just ask Jacob.
Happy Birthday Buddy! You will never know how much JOY you have brought into our lives! You are one special little boy that we are ever so grateful for. We love you!
-Mama and Dada























No comments:
Post a Comment