Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Miserable Memorial Weekend

Well, I know it's been a while, but my little man is moving and into everything! I don't have much time to keep the house clean these days, much less get on the computer and enter the blog world that I love so much! So, to catch you up a bit....

We had planned for weeks to go camping Memorial Day weekend, and the rain was not going to scare us away! We knew it was suppose to rain, but I also never would have dreamed it would have seriously rained the ENTIRE time we were there. Here's a quick run through of our time at Wind Creek....

Friday night, we finally arrive at about 10:30, and we set a pop up in the rain. While we were getting it put together we had the bright idea to put Jacob in his pac-n-play. Poor Wayne, I don't know what was causing him to have such a hard time, but he couldn't get the thing together. Before I knew it, he was throwing a Peoples tantrum! I couldn't help but laugh...later. He was in a fight with a pac-n-play, and the pac-n-play was wooping his tail! We finally move past the drama of the pac-n-play, and I was on the inside of the camper putting beds together and sweeping. I literally turn around for about 3 seconds and Jacob fell off of this...

and of course hit his head on the step. I cried my eyes out with him! I really won the Mom of the Year award with that one! After this, Wayne decided we should just get ready for bed.

Saturday, we woke up to rain. We were literally stuck in the camper all day. We did get some nap time in, but we were definitely getting cabin fever. We had some friends show up later that day, and after being in the camper all day, the rain cleared a bit that night. So, we decide to all get around the fire, and look what happened....

The wind blew and caught our table cloth on fire with our candle! It was quite dramatic at the time! Later that night, we had the camp po po called on us. The complaint was that we were too loud, but even the guy didn't understand what the big deal was. It was just a grumpy old man next to us (who was incredibly mean to his children by the way).

After being stuck in the camper for all day Sunday, I had had enough. We made the decision to go home, and wouldn't you know as soon as we decided to, the sun came out! Just our luck! Hope Wind Creek treats us better next time!

Here are a few pics we did snap while we were there....when it wasn't raining...


And I didn't mention the boat ride we did not get to go on because of the rain! Thanks Brian and Shea for trying! Sorry you were couped up in our little camper with us! :)

1 comment:

Shea said...

YES!! I wish it would've been better, too!!!! BUT, we had a good time chatting with y'all for that little bit, though!! =) There is always next time!!