Monday, December 20, 2010

Flustered

Dear UAB,

First and foremost, I am thankful for you. So many people these days are looking for work, and you have given my husband countless opportunities. So for that, thank you. As far as everything else goes, I have a bone to pick with you. We seem to be in competition these days.

1

Nearly 60 hour work weeks plus being on call two weekends in a row has taken this precious man away from us. In reality, if given the choice, there is no competition. Jacob and I win every time. We all do have to eat though, so Wayne keeps trucking on and doing what is asked of him. This man has a work ethic like none I have ever seen. He will do what is asked plus some. I know you know that. I must admit, I am very proud to call him mine.

Lots of tears have been shed by a sweet two year old boy lately. Begging Daddy "no work" and going into hysterics at the sight of his daddy's uniform (which, as you can imagine, breaks his daddy's heart). He loves his daddy. As do I. I think it's our turn, and I'm thankful for the next two weeks that he is off on Friday and works no overtime. That is the best Christmas gift of the year! I am sure the hospital will survive without him. :)

Thankful for the next two weeks (plus two well deserved weeks off in January for the birth of our son),
Mommy and Jacob


Just FYI: this picture was taken last year while watching the National Championship game. I never said anything about the UA/AU game this year, but a friend put this on facebook after the game and I found it entirely too funny not to share:
"The best man doesn't always win. Look who's in the White house." :)
As far as this year's National Championship goes, we will be pulling for the boys from our home state. Even though their fans did right the opposite last year.

Hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: