WARNING: LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PICTURES!!! :)
On our way to the beach, we stopped out our usual place : Lambert's! This was actually Jacob's first time going. Our trip was just so short last year we didn't have time to stop! Well, he was all about them throwing the rolls! If you know Jacob, you know he LOVES ANYTHING ball related! So, we watched this sweet face for the longest:
We finally got the guy to come over close enough so Jacob could catch it! After that, Nana would hide his roll every time someone came in to throw them so Jacob could get another one! He had an absolute BLAST until... our waiter came by to give me some potatoes and pulled out a stuffed animal from the bowl and threw it in my face! It's been two years since I've been there so I honestly had forgotten this trick. I screamed. We laughed. Jacob CRIED! He didn't like that part at all!
I was determined to have as much fun with Jacob as possible on this trip. So, the next morning, like all mornings, we ate on the balcony (which was 15 floors high - I was terrified the entire time) and headed out to the pool. Lil man had so much fun!
See the girl in the background of this last picture? Jacob LOVED her! We are definitely going to have our hands full with this little cutie! :)
Monday night we went ahead and did our "beach pictures". (We also did some the next night because as you can tell from the first picture, Jacob was not having his picture made this trip!)
After that, my mom introduced us to a new restaurant, Calypso Joe's. It was pretty good. I think it's more of a locals place. It's off of the main strip.
Tuesday night we were heading out to eat, and lil man's brown sandal (that he'd only worn once) broke! I had the bright idea to let him ride in the car barefoot. I figured surely Alvin's Island would have some flip flops or something. We went in so many stores and couldn't find anything! So, we finally stopped at WalMart, where Wayne insisted on getting these...
Are they not the ugliest things you have ever seen??? Then of course, they wouldn't stay on his feet. So, we bought him ugly shoes at WalMart just so we could carry them around!
We finally made it to Lulu's that night! My aunt and uncle surprised us with a visit, and little man became extremely attached to Uncle Craig. So much so that he got very upset when he left!
Wednesday night we went shopping! We were going to eat at the condo, but we figured we could get more done if we just grabbed something, so we went to our family's favorite - Cracker Barrel. In the meantime, Jacob's bag broke. So, I ended up running into a million stores trying to find some decent brown shoes and a small diaper bag! I even ended getting the baby the sweetest diaper bag I've ever seen!
We made sure before we left that lil man got to feed the "burds". He was obsessed with the birds and planes all week!
Once it was all said and done, we did not want to come home! Normally I'm ready to be home, but not this time! We had so much fun, and I'm already ready to go back next year!

























No comments:
Post a Comment