First of all, I still think this guy is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Remember our pool???
Well, this has been a disaster! First of all it was almost full(8,000 gallons of water) before we realized just how bad crooked it was. :) We decided to deal with it because we couldn't justify waisting all that water. Then, Jacob and I were laying on a float one day (a friend of mine was thankfully here) and one of the sides caved in! I've never seen water rush out of something so fast...and it was loud! I just knew we were about to float on over the side. I managed to get off the float and my friend and I pulled the side back up. Then, to top things off, we had a terrible storm come through and it deflated the ring around the top. To say it was a MESS doesn't even begin to describe what this was. All of this happened in less than a week from the purchase date. Thankfully, we bought it from WalMart, and everyone knows they take anything back. So, we headed back to WalMart with it. Luckily we had no problems, and we traded it for one with medal poles to keep it in place. I don't think a bad storm will take this one out!
We have also had the Parsons (my MIL's family) family reunion. We had a blast, but boy was it hot! All of the little ones couldn't get enough of the "donkey" (my in law's golf cart - I will explain the nickname some other time).
We also had a full week of Vacation Bible School. Since we have started going to our church, Wayne and I have both volunteered with VBS. This year, not only did we have fun, but Jacob had a blast!
Of course, we have visited with grandparents quite a bit! We have been to my parents house twice in a month (!!!) and I didn't have my camera with me either time.
On a more serious note, my great grandmother had a serious stroke last week. She is not expected to make it, and hasn't really been awake since it happened. We have all had a chance to say our goodbyes, and it was one of the hardest things I have had to go through in life thus far. Please keep her and my family in your prayers.
And while you have your eyes closed in prayer, please pray for the Nelson family. Remember I sent you to his Caring Bridge page a while back? He was a buddy of Wayne's from high school. He is now in the arms of Jesus. He's not hurting anymore, but his family have been in my constant thoughts and prayers. He and his wife have 2 boys, and baby boy #3 is on the way.
That's about all I can muster up for today. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!








1 comment:
Love your short hair! It is so cute!! :)
Post a Comment