Man, sometimes God just hits me over the head. And I mean hard. Lately I have had several of those moments, mainly concerning our house. I have been CONSUMED with where we were going to be in two years, five years, ten years, and so on. I think because of the fact I know that we will not be in this house for forever, it makes me want to hurry up the next part of our life. And guess what. God has corrected me many times in the last few days.
I could feel a quiet whisper from the LORD over the last few weeks reminding me to be grateful for what he has given me. I have been on several mission trips (including Mexico and Dominican Republic), and I have seen people who truly have nothing. Yet, here I am complaining that our house isn't big enough! Seriously? Three bedrooms not big enough for three people? I know. Sounds crazy, right?
Then, last night as Wayne and I were laying in bed, I asked him a simple question. If he thought it would be a better idea to one day add on to our house or just get another one. He is against the idea of adding on, and I completely understand where he is coming from (I just HATE moving!). Then, he so patiently reminded me that I needed to be thankful for what we have and that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. WOW! Thank you so much honey! Seriously. I think we all sometimes need to be reminded of how good we have it.
Finally, God used a blog of someone I don't even know to remind me once again to stop and be grateful. She goes by The Nester. She has a very interesting decor blog. She also writes in a Christian column called InCourage (no, it's not spelled wrong). Please check out this article. This was the first thing I read this morning. Think God's trying to tell me something? So please do me a favor. Hold me accountable. If you hear me rambling about adding on or buying a new house, stop me. Remind me to be grateful.
On to a totally different subject. Did you know 8 out of 10 car seats are installed wrong? Well, we went to a fireman that goes to our church before Jacob was born and he checked ours out for us. We were good to go. I haven't thought much about our new car seat because we're pros at this, right? WRONG! I got a fireman to look at it today, and it was too loose!!! It was installed correctly, but he had to show me a trick to get it in there tighter. Please, have your car seats checked. Even if you've done it a million times, these angels are too precious!
Thank you Jesus for the blessings you have bestowed on me! I'm so undeserving!

2 comments:
I love reading your blogs...you have such wisdom to share! Love the pictures from Jacob's birthday, he is just so precious!! Also, Shelley and I are interested in your photography business, if you are ever in the area we may want you to do a shoot with our family (some pics with everyone and some with just her boys) Just let us know!! :)
Natalie, I would LOVE to! I know I will be that way closer to Christmas, but maybe we could work something out before then if you want. Just let me know! :) Has she had her baby yet???
Post a Comment