You know the job I have been writing about that Wayne applied for? HE GOT IT! I cannot even tell you how proud I am of him and all of his hard work! His first day is Monday! He is excited about the fact that he is pretty much at the job he will hopefully retire from one day. He also informed me the other night that when he retires at the age of 52, he wants to drive a dump truck. I seriously hope he was kidding. :)
As for me, I'm still a stay at home wife and mommy, with a son who is getting EXTREMELY attached to me. We've been trying to figure out something for us to do so he wouldn't get too attached to me. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I don't want him to not want to go to anyone else. So, we are throwing a little something in the mix. Jacob and I are going to start going to a Mother's Day Out program twice a week. I'll be working there on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and he will be in the program. I put in an application over a year ago, and she called me this week. We couldn't help but think how strange it was. We decided before Jacob was born that I would be a stay at home mom, so I almost didn't even think about the possibility. Then, I started thinking about the benefits for him. So, I decided to take it, mainly for Jacob. We really think it will be good for him to be out of the house a little bit more and out from under Mommy's wing a little bit. I'm still a stay at home Mom, we'll just be out and about 8 hours a week! And, my soon to be boss told me I could go see Jacob as many times as I want throughout the four hours we are there. Not bad, huh? I really think God has his magnificent hand in this! As for the photography, I'm still in the process of getting it going. I've actually been pretty busy the last week!
Now about the one I love to write about so much! We've been going on a play date once a week with a couple of my friends and their little boys. This week, we went to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens and strolled around. We stopped to take a few pictures. Not much was in bloom, and we can't wait to go back in the spring. I enjoy this time so much, and I am so thankful for the friends God has blessed me with!
2 comments:
Hey are they looking for more MDO workers? Let me know. Thanks
Not that I know of. I put my app in a year ago, and I just now got called. I'll try and find out for you though. No luck on a job?
Post a Comment